MurdochGas
Hi there! Thank you for visiting Murdoch Games Art Society Forum, would you like to register at our forum and get the latest news?

Murdoch Games Art Society is a club for like-minded individuals enrolled in Murdoch to gather and make creative design. Our club is a learning environment where everyone improves and craft their arti

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

3D Game Project

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mirai
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: 3D Game Project   Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:15 pm

Just gonna reveal some of the stuff me and HVDISC done for our final project this year.

Day (Beta Test Lighting) didn't bother with the global illumination because we want to set the level at night

Night Time - Extremly dark because we want the player to go around with flash light and turn on switches

Light Shaft

Class Room

Osis Room

Last edited by Mirai on Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 3D Game Project   Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:07 am

That's really awesome!

Are ya going to bake the lights in to the final models or actively light? That looks like a hell of a lot of shadow to process in real time Neutral

Also gotta say I like how close to the "anime" feel the level is- not sure what aspect it is but it just seems to fit the genre really nicely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mirai
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 3D Game Project   Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:34 pm

Wow you actually get it? lol. All the refferences were taken from anime and we were trying to make a game based on several animes.

Currently the lightmap is a little bit broken, plus the vertex lighting doesn't work to well for some reason. But yea static lighting should fix it for now thought it's gonna consume more memory.

Atm baking the lighting will take 15 mins Very Happy just for this small room. We will do it when the project is finished so for now I only show the low quality baked lighting.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3D Game Project   

Back to top Go down

3D Game Project
Page 1 of 1