MurdochGas
Hi there! Thank you for visiting Murdoch Games Art Society Forum, would you like to register at our forum and get the latest news?
MurdochGas
Hi there! Thank you for visiting Murdoch Games Art Society Forum, would you like to register at our forum and get the latest news?
MurdochGas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Murdoch Games Art Society is a club for like-minded individuals enrolled in Murdoch to gather and make creative design. Our club is a learning environment where everyone improves and craft their arti

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Drawing ambitions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Admin
Admin
David

Drawing ambitions Empty
PostSubject: Drawing ambitions   Drawing ambitions EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 1:28 pm

Hey all,

As a few of us have been discussing; probably the biggest thing most of us want from the Games art club is a peer group of people who will push each other to improve their work and better their skills.

As such I figured I'd start this post as a kind of "Ambitions" page where people can post a piece of work (not their own) which they aspire to achieve over the coming months. This is basically the exercise Josh gave in the first week of Games art- the only difference is people might give a crap.

If we know what quality of work each other hope to achieve then we can (hopefully) be far more constructive and helpful in our critique of one anothers work. It also means there's that terrible sense of accountability- which is the double edged sword of motivation.

Hope people get onboard with this!

David,

Back to top Go down
David
Admin
Admin
David

Drawing ambitions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing ambitions   Drawing ambitions EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 1:46 pm

As it would be hypocritical to not immediately follow up with my own goals:|

I'm going to set my time limit to be the end of this semester so that my work can be submitted as a portfolio piece for assessment in Josh's Games art class.

This semester I plan to build all my basic drawing skills to a strong level with a focus on pose, form and faces.

The level I'd ideally love to be at by the end of the semester is around this quality and style for faces:

Drawing ambitions Female-pencil-portraits-54

And this for human figure: (I don't particularly like the pose but the quality of detail and shading is really nicely done. )

Drawing ambitions Pencil_Drawing_Nude_Female_by_OlgaBell

So yeah. Hold me to it = D
Back to top Go down
Lyall
Lvl. 1 Murdoch Member

Drawing ambitions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing ambitions   Drawing ambitions EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 4:11 pm

I'd really like to at least get to a level where I have a good grip on all the basics of characters and creatures - backgrounds and portfolio quality work are perhaps too ambitious for me right now. I want to be able to do different views and angles, with decent colour theory and anatomy behind it - I wont post 50 pictures for that stuff, it's easy enough to imagine.

Something like this is definitely way out of my league given we only have something like 7 weeks left, but it's this kind of interesting, original design that I love:
Drawing ambitions Searin10
Being able to clearly define the form and concept and all that jazz. The guy who drew that is one of my favourite artists, if you're into creatures and pencil work check him out here

As far as poses and such go, this sort of thing is really nice:
Drawing ambitions Roofto10
Good form, dynamic without being ridiculous and distinct style, although the anatomy seems wonky in places maybe? This is their dA. I'm not expecting to be this good even by the end of the year, let alone the semester, but it's certainly something to aim for.

I actually have no fucking idea what I should be doing. It's pretty frustrating. That's what this is for though, hopefully something works for once.
Back to top Go down
http://voytess.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

Drawing ambitions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing ambitions   Drawing ambitions Empty

Back to top Go down

Drawing ambitions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MurdochGas :: Art Discussions :: General Art Discussions-
Jump to: