MurdochGas
Hi there! Thank you for visiting Murdoch Games Art Society Forum, would you like to register at our forum and get the latest news?
MurdochGas
Hi there! Thank you for visiting Murdoch Games Art Society Forum, would you like to register at our forum and get the latest news?
MurdochGas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Murdoch Games Art Society is a club for like-minded individuals enrolled in Murdoch to gather and make creative design. Our club is a learning environment where everyone improves and craft their arti

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Game Idea And Refferences (Shattered Memories)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mirai
Admin
Admin
Mirai

Game Idea And Refferences (Shattered Memories) Empty
PostSubject: Game Idea And Refferences (Shattered Memories)   Game Idea And Refferences (Shattered Memories) EmptySun May 27, 2012 8:39 am

Hey guys, just thought that I would post my idea here. Please note that this is just an idea, any content of the latest game will be change and modified depending on the team and the director Ari : ).

Tittle : Shattered Memories / Crimson Night /
Genre: Horror, Fps/3RdPerson, Adventure, Puzzle, Mystery
Type : Single player

Lets take a look at what we are capable of doing first. I have tried to make several games my self and I found character modeling consuemd the most of my time. So I'm thingking something doable would be to have 2 - 3 Max characters. Lets not give a sense that we are alone, so we are more immersed into the game. Secondly I'm thinking to make demon / monster as the opponent I think it's a fairly easy task, and z brush will do the job Very Happy.

Story would be something like : A person who woke up in different realm, with out memory. He will travel trough the dark realm and found his missing memories one by one. I am thingking of having a twisting ending or something

Setting: It would be set in modern times, maybe around 1970s? I think it's fairly hard to do something that we don't see everyday. Every one have a different thought about old ancient times and future scifi. When it comes to fantasy, every one have their own fantasy and it's really hard to put the piece together unless we have a super duper solid concept artist.

I also strongly believe that we should not start with something "unique" that we think will work for us. To start with, we should take a path where the game should be accepted generally. That is by referencing and imitating some of the legendary game that have captured people's attention in the past years. We want to do something that will definitely work.

So for the games, I would chose something like Silent Hill, Resident Evil, fatal frame, forbidden siren. To me they are the best horror games trough history. And the rating is always positive from time to time (expect resident evil). So I strongly support doing something along those games.

Ok here comes the refference

First I would like to show the kind of quality that our game should have.

Don't think that it's hard to achieve something like this, it might be hard to compete with triple A company but we can at least achieve a good graphic if we aim high. and remember what ever you put in unreal engine will look pretty : ). Ok anyway silent hill 5 is made by Unreal engine incase you guys dont know so with Ari tech skill we can hopefully achieve the intended render.

Game Idea And Refferences (Shattered Memories) Silent10

Note this is not the kind of environment am I imagining, it can comes later depending on the story. But I strongly recommend a enclosed empty building or some sort. It's hard to make a good forest environment if we are lacking of expereince and it will kill the game when the inside is good but the outside is fugly Smile .

Game Idea And Refferences (Shattered Memories) Fatal-10

Game Idea And Refferences (Shattered Memories) Silent11

Ok anyway for the environment, I am imagining something dark where we have to go trough the maze with a flashlight. I would like to also put a lot of volume light so it looked like there are hopes within the dark realm.

Game Idea And Refferences (Shattered Memories) Silent12

Game Idea And Refferences (Shattered Memories) Fatal-11

I want this kind of quality for the character for the game. I know that it's challenging but we can try our best to achieve something like this,

Game Idea And Refferences (Shattered Memories) Fatal_10

Game Idea And Refferences (Shattered Memories) _forbi10

Game Idea And Refferences (Shattered Memories) Asphyx10

Ok for the environment, I want it to look like at the pictures above. I think we can do it if we try, there should not be a reason why we can't achieve suhc quality when we are under the great hands of Unreal Engine.

These are me and my brother past work, I know it looks really reallly crap but hey it's 1 year ago. Our knowledge of lighting gets better so lets try our best to make a good quality game, not some those simple cheap iphone games Smile.

Game Idea And Refferences (Shattered Memories) Progre12

Game Idea And Refferences (Shattered Memories) Osis1010

And Yasu when you said High school, actually I love that idea the most but there might be some disconnect between the team members when we don't go for general terms.

This game is awesome btw

If you guys never play silent hill or other horror movies, then by any means please check out the link and reffer.

So that is my idea!, Can;t wait to hear your ideas guys.
Back to top Go down
David
Admin
Admin
David

PostSubject: Re: Game Idea And Refferences (Shattered Memories)   Game Idea And Refferences (Shattered Memories) EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 4:13 pm

Haha far out 10 points and a gold star for referencing.

I think I'm seeing a pretty clear consensus on an indoors environment.

I think we're pretty capable of getting the sceneries and characters up to the standards you've got there! We'll just need some really good management to make sure our poly limits don't go wild.

I think working in a smaller environment with more detailed rooms would be better than working in larger environments with copy-paste details.

Awesome stuff =D
Back to top Go down
HVDisc
Admin
Admin
HVDisc

PostSubject: Re: Game Idea And Refferences (Shattered Memories)   Game Idea And Refferences (Shattered Memories) EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 4:15 pm

Dont worry about polly limit lol, this day games can take tons of polly even more than 7 Million triangle.
Back to top Go down
HVDisc
Admin
Admin
HVDisc

PostSubject: Re: Game Idea And Refferences (Shattered Memories)   Game Idea And Refferences (Shattered Memories) EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 4:16 pm

Poly limit this day are ussualy for MMO game, or any game that targeted for everyone ( which need to run in everyone computer ). This day when sandy bridge and ram is so cheap anyone can basicly run it lol, I think we have to focus more on the texture size rather than focusing on poly limit =).
Back to top Go down
Mirai
Admin
Admin
Mirai

PostSubject: Re: Game Idea And Refferences (Shattered Memories)   Game Idea And Refferences (Shattered Memories) EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 4:17 pm

Well it's best to not go crazy. But UDK have level streaming and Simpolygon.

Just don't do a turbo smooth by 2 times and everythng shuld be fine. Try to make things high poly but don't go over the line Smile and we shuld be able to make a high quality scenery.

Back to top Go down
HVDisc
Admin
Admin
HVDisc

PostSubject: Re: Game Idea And Refferences (Shattered Memories)   Game Idea And Refferences (Shattered Memories) EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 4:18 pm

Also dont forget the level streaming which will allow us to push the indoor scenery to cinematic kind of level =).
Back to top Go down
David
Admin
Admin
David

PostSubject: Re: Game Idea And Refferences (Shattered Memories)   Game Idea And Refferences (Shattered Memories) EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 4:28 pm

Haha cinematic could be awesome. I'd love to have some really great looking environments and characters- something to really showcase our stuff
Back to top Go down
Mirai
Admin
Admin
Mirai

PostSubject: Re: Game Idea And Refferences (Shattered Memories)   Game Idea And Refferences (Shattered Memories) EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 5:11 pm

That would be great
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game Idea And Refferences (Shattered Memories)   Game Idea And Refferences (Shattered Memories) Empty

Back to top Go down

Game Idea And Refferences (Shattered Memories)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MurdochGas :: Art Discussions :: General Art Discussions-
Jump to: