MurdochGas
Hi there! Thank you for visiting Murdoch Games Art Society Forum, would you like to register at our forum and get the latest news?
MurdochGas
Hi there! Thank you for visiting Murdoch Games Art Society Forum, would you like to register at our forum and get the latest news?
MurdochGas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Murdoch Games Art Society is a club for like-minded individuals enrolled in Murdoch to gather and make creative design. Our club is a learning environment where everyone improves and craft their arti

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pirates ahoy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Admin
Admin
David

Pirates ahoy  Empty
PostSubject: Pirates ahoy    Pirates ahoy  EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 8:58 am

Didn't have much success in the club friday evenin' so I figured I'd go home and give it another crack XD

Pirates ahoy  Pirate11
There's plenty of things wrong with it but for a first attempt at this mind-boggling artform I'm pretty happy with it.

Thanks Holly and Ignatius!
Back to top Go down
Mirai
Admin
Admin
Mirai

Pirates ahoy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pirates ahoy    Pirates ahoy  EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 2:40 pm

I can see your concept very clearly. With just a glance it's indeed a pirate.

Anyway I will just point out some things that may improve your drawing.

- Propotion The stomatch appear to be too slim and the distance between eyes seems to be off.
- Color : I can't paint my self so I really can't point out a lot of things but perhaps make the specularity more obvious? And also finish the arms so it looks complete.
-Emotion : She needs to be more sharper Very Happy if it's a villain. And in my point of view she looked confused.

Looking forward for your next drawing.
Back to top Go down
David
Admin
Admin
David

Pirates ahoy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pirates ahoy    Pirates ahoy  EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 5:58 pm

Yeah the stomach has been annoying me too- I didn't notice the eyes byt that might be why she looks that little bit off!

I basically decided at the point above to just stop working on it- I could have continued for many hours more to perfect it but the same time would be much better spent trying another drawing and exploring a different style = D

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Ignatius
Club President
Club President
Ignatius

Pirates ahoy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pirates ahoy    Pirates ahoy  EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 5:13 am

great to see you workig with colour and its not a bad attempt

alot of people shy away from colour cause its all daunting and stuff so thats baller of you great work!

the anatomy could use work of course but keep trying. Perhaps use some reference. Don't feel like you gotta do it all yourself cause all the top artists out there use reference and in fact, you're supposed to

so for your next try use reference to work out your anatomy and poses and then happily paint or concept away cause you have one thing out of the way

hope to see more

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pirates ahoy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pirates ahoy    Pirates ahoy  Empty

Back to top Go down

Pirates ahoy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MurdochGas :: Art Discussions :: 2D Arts-
Jump to: