MurdochGas
Hi there! Thank you for visiting Murdoch Games Art Society Forum, would you like to register at our forum and get the latest news?
MurdochGas
Hi there! Thank you for visiting Murdoch Games Art Society Forum, would you like to register at our forum and get the latest news?
MurdochGas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Murdoch Games Art Society is a club for like-minded individuals enrolled in Murdoch to gather and make creative design. Our club is a learning environment where everyone improves and craft their arti

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mel's 3D Adventures

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lyall
Lvl. 1 Murdoch Member

Mel's 3D Adventures Empty
PostSubject: Mel's 3D Adventures   Mel's 3D Adventures EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 2:05 pm

I'm having trouble getting feedback from deviantart and facebook as of late, so I figure I may as well start posting a bit of stuff here. Worth a try, right? I'm a first year, so I have really only worked on 3D stuff in the past 10 weeks (and I am awful at anything besides the basics), but it's enjoyable and I'd like to get better at it, so any feedback and criticism is welcome. I'll probably be making stuff in ZBrush dominantly.

First order of business is a Zerg Ultralisk WIP:
Mel's 3D Adventures Ultralisk_model_wip_by_voytess-d4xm30v

ZBrush is awesome, but a lot of the interface is confusing as heck. My materials and lighting feel really off, so any advice in that area would be cool. Really, anything in general that an outside eye can see wrong with this, let me know.

I'll update with more stuff eventually.
Back to top Go down
http://voytess.deviantart.com
David
Admin
Admin
David

PostSubject: Re: Mel's 3D Adventures   Mel's 3D Adventures EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 2:16 pm

Very nice composition!

As you seem to be seeking points to improve I'll just kinda list what I see:

The texture for the tusks need a more solid join- they should be piercing out of the skin. Not just blending into it.

The sculpted detail on the feet is quite low in comparison to the rest of the model, try give it some more details where appropriate

In a lot of places over the model you've sculpted in these muscular bumps. They look great but are way too smooth. The texture of skin still needs to cover them.

Otherwise in general try experimenting with different light setups- changing the light will help show where areas could be better built!

All in all through a very impressive Z-brush- especially for your first attempt
Back to top Go down
Lyall
Lvl. 1 Murdoch Member

PostSubject: Re: Mel's 3D Adventures   Mel's 3D Adventures EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 2:44 pm

Ah yeah, those mutated uncooperative tusks will be the death of me. The current version still isn't finished but there's more detail all around compared to this one. I gave up on detail before because every division just wiped it out again. However, since my laptop refuses to divide any further, it's safe to put in details now hopefully, and so I'll have a go at what you've mentioned over the weekend.

I assume animating is something that requires a combination of programs and such? Not that I'd ever dare try animate this, but maybe as something to try have a crack at over the break on something simpler.
Back to top Go down
http://voytess.deviantart.com
David
Admin
Admin
David

PostSubject: Re: Mel's 3D Adventures   Mel's 3D Adventures EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 2:50 pm

You bring it back into 3DS max to animate- but not at that poly. This is where it's ideal to build your low poly models in 3DS max and then take them to Zbrush to be sclupted. Animating is best done on low poly rigs and then have the whole animation attached to a high poly rig later on. Even more ideal for game animation, you would attach a normal map to the low poly rig in max.
Back to top Go down
Mirai
Admin
Admin
Mirai

PostSubject: Re: Mel's 3D Adventures   Mel's 3D Adventures EmptyFri May 25, 2012 1:40 pm

There are z-brush tutorials in the library. Deffnitly check them out.

Also if you think you get the hang of organic sclupting try hard surface one. I have some tutorial from 3d, I will bring it if you want it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mel's 3D Adventures   Mel's 3D Adventures Empty

Back to top Go down

Mel's 3D Adventures
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MurdochGas :: Art Discussions :: 3D Arts-
Jump to: