MurdochGas
Hi there! Thank you for visiting Murdoch Games Art Society Forum, would you like to register at our forum and get the latest news?
MurdochGas
Hi there! Thank you for visiting Murdoch Games Art Society Forum, would you like to register at our forum and get the latest news?
MurdochGas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Murdoch Games Art Society is a club for like-minded individuals enrolled in Murdoch to gather and make creative design. Our club is a learning environment where everyone improves and craft their arti

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Murdoch Library Wishlist

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ignatius
Club President
Club President
Ignatius

Murdoch Library Wishlist Empty
PostSubject: Murdoch Library Wishlist   Murdoch Library Wishlist EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 1:31 pm

Hey guys i've spoken to Josh and he requested that i come up with a wishlist on things you would like pay for so you can use and abuse in the library. THat is, the library is quite bare boned right now on assests relating to games art and game design apart from a few outdated gnomon dvds

Hence, i thought that i'd post this up so you guys can suggest what you might want or need that murdoch can pay for in the Library. THings like art books, educational dvds or other such things... comics and graphic novels possible as well as long as we can justify them.

the list i've come up with so far is as follows... please provide more cause like you don't have to pay for it and stuff which is awesome

- all of the books from Andrew Loomis
- select books from Burne Hogarth
- Digital painting techniques vol 1-3
- The animators survival kit
- some Gnomon dvd titles that i've purchased in the past and found really good ( will update later)
- Shadowline by iain mccaig
- Uncharted 2 artbook
- The skillful huntsman

so yes, feel free to add more
Back to top Go down
Mirai
Admin
Admin
Mirai

PostSubject: Re: Murdoch Library Wishlist   Murdoch Library Wishlist EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 1:44 pm

I really like the Gnomon series, they teach professionally in a professional way.

I also have a few DVDs my self and if everyone wishes to have a session where we can all watch and learn from a DVD then I will bring it to Uni.
That been said I encourage if all the club member can also share their resources for everyone to access.

And my Wishlist will be :

- Adobe Photoshop Tutorials
- Anything that relates to final rendering of 3d production
- Unreal Development Kit / UnrealScript tutorials

Sorry if I am not being to specific but I don't really have any idea about the books I am after.
Back to top Go down
shauno0004
Lvl. 1 Murdoch Member

PostSubject: Re: Murdoch Library Wishlist   Murdoch Library Wishlist EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 5:06 pm

--Game Developer magazine (subscription)
and back catalog
Back to top Go down
http://arcane-aesthetics.com
Ignatius
Club President
Club President
Ignatius

PostSubject: Re: Murdoch Library Wishlist   Murdoch Library Wishlist EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 12:19 pm

shauno0004 wrote:
--Game Developer magazine (subscription)
and back catalog

I'm not sure if magazine subs are allowed for Murdoch but i'll talk to josh about that cause if thats the case we can probably also sneak in a sub for ImagineFX as well
Back to top Go down
shauno0004
Lvl. 1 Murdoch Member

PostSubject: Re: Murdoch Library Wishlist   Murdoch Library Wishlist EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 12:08 am

I'm not sure if magazine subs are allowed for Murdoch but i'll talk to josh about that cause if thats the case we can probably also sneak in a sub for ImagineFX as well[/quote]

If that idea has been abandoned, I wonder why Central TAFE library has a plethora of Gnomon Workshop DVDs and this university library had nothing considering MU offers the games courses and the [Perth] TAFE campus doesn't. They should either send those DVDs somewhere the students can borrow them. Although they target those production artists working on feature film, the skills are transferable. As far as MU library resources go now for us CG artists, they def need to cater for the minority.
Back to top Go down
http://arcane-aesthetics.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Murdoch Library Wishlist   Murdoch Library Wishlist Empty

Back to top Go down

Murdoch Library Wishlist
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MurdochGas :: Art Discussions :: General Art Discussions-
Jump to: